One of my personal favorite desserts is a delicious apple and cinnamon crumble. My Mum makes a great crumble so it’s only fitting that we have a great crumble recipe too. For me, the perfect crumble should have a little more fruit filling compared to the crumble. The crumble should be a little crunchy and the fruit soft, sweet and sticky.
Apple and Cinnamon Crumble.
- Crumble *Toppping:*
- 240g Plain Flour
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 160g Unsalted Butter (room temperature cut into pieces)
- Fruit *Filling:*
- 800g Cooking Apples (roughly 5 large apples, pealed, cored and cut into 2cm chunks)
- 60g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5 (190c).
- In a bowl, add all the crumble ingredients and rub together to make a "breadcrumb".
- Put this to one side and start to prepare the filling.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and butter to a pan and gently heat until it looks like golden syrup.
- Mix in the chunks of apple and cook them for a few minutes so they start to soften.
- Pour the apple mix into a shallow bowl.
- Carefully sprinkle the crumble evenly over the apples.
- Pop in the oven for 25 minutes or until the crumble has gone golden and the fruit is bubbling along the edges of the bowl.
- Leave to cool, serve and enjoy!
For our apple crumble we use a heart shaped pie dish that we purchased from Next many moons ago. They don’t sell the exact one anymore, though this one is very close if only a little smaller. Personally I love fresh custard with my crumble, though you can’t go wrong with a nice big scoop of ice cream on the top while the crumble is still piping hot!
Why not give our apple and cinnamon crumble a go and let us know how you got on?
Did you like this recipe? You can find more easy to follow recipes on our Pinterest account found here.
Please follow and like us: