Jump to recipe
Spaghetti Bolognese (or spag-bowl) is a family favourite. It’s quick to prepare, easy to make and possibly one of the best known comfort meals in the UK.
- 500g Minced Beef
- 400g Mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 Large Onion (diced)
- 3 Large Carrots (peeled and grated)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tin of peeled and chopped Tomatoes
- 1 (500g) carton of Passata
- 1 tbs Tomato Puree
- 1 Beef stock cube
- Mixed Italian Herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- In a large pan on medium heat, add a healthy glug of olive oil.
- Sweat down the diced onion until soft.
- Add the minced beef and cook until most of the pink meat has changed colour (browned off).
- Throw in the garlic and cook gently for 1 minute.
- Mix in the mushrooms and carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the passata, the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and stock cube.
- Lastly, add a healthy sprinkle of Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, pop a lid on the pan and leave to cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti and enjoy!
We love a lot of mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs in our spaghetti bolognese but you can adjust the recipe to suit your personal taste. You could even be a little more adventurous and use different types of mushrooms like chestnut or portabello mushrooms.
Sometimes I’m not in the mood for spaghetti or we’ve run out and didn’t realise until it was too late. Cook up the bolognese and mix it through some freshly boiled rice and you’re good to go!
Did you like this recipe? You can find more easy to follow recipes on our Pinterest account found here.
Please follow and like us: