Air fryers are probably up there with the best kitchen appliances there are and I am a huge fan of kitchen gadgets or appliances, especially when it comes with multiple functions. However, there is so much more you can do with an air fryer other than making chips.
The internet is a hub of ideas and recipes for you to create the most amazing meals using your air fryer, however, choosing one first could be your first sticking point. The cost of an air fryer varies massively depending on the size, brand and function. With prices ranging anywhere from £30 up to £300, and beyond at times.
What can you cook in an air fryer?
There is so much that you can cook in an air fryer, I don’t think I could list them all. However, here are just some of the suggestions of things that you can cook:
- Chips/wedges – This is probably up there as the best way to cook potatoes outside of deep frying them and one of the many reasons why people get an air fryer!
- Chicken nuggets/bites or strips – The cooking of these is perfect for the air fryer and so simple to do.
- Pork Belly
- Chicken fajitas
- Sausage rolls
- Chicken wings
- Tater tots
- Onions rings
- Cookies -Yes, it is possible to cook cookies and they look just like those delicious ones you can get from Dominoes. Check the recipe for these out here over on Katy Kicker.
Also now is the time to cook the current trend of cheesy eggy bagel, which seems to be doing the rounds on Instagram and Tik Tok!
As you can see, there is pretty much everything you can think of that can be cooked in the air fryer, this is why it is such a popular kitchen appliance and air frying has increased in popularity over the years. People have moved away from just cooking potatoes and reheating in there and now use them to cook meats and sweet dishes. If you are stuck for ideas on what to cook, just pop a quick search into Google or look for a recipe book, there have been lots hit the market in the last year.
5 Of The Best Air Fryers To Buy With A Rotisserie 2023
If you are in the market to get an air fryer, here are my top 5 suggestions that come with a rotisserie. This allows you to make perfect roast chicken every time using the rotisserie spit or rotisserie kit depending on the air fryer.
Before you make a decision on what air fryer to buy, there are a number of things you need to consider for your needs before you even start looking. This includes things such as how many are you looking to feed using it, what you want it to cook and how much space you have to store this. It is worth having this worked out before you start looking as there are lots of options out there and you want to make sure you pick the perfect addition to your kitchen. Whether you have a big family or it is just your own individual needs, there is the perfect air fryer for all needs.
Below are some of my top picks of highly recommended air fryers with a rotisserie function:
- Tefal Easy Fry 9-in-1: This versatile air fryer comes with a rotisserie option, allowing you to roast a whole chicken or other meats evenly. It also has a large capacity and offers multiple cooking functions. It helps cooks a tasty meal in 30% less time and that means savings on the utilities too. One great thing about this air fryer is there is no need to pre-heat before use either. Tefal is a brand well known in the UK and their Actifry was huge when it hit the market, so I am expecting big things from this one.
- Breville VDF127 Halo Rotisserie Air Fryer Oven: As well as the function and space to cook the whole chicken, this 10 litre/10kg capacity air fryer is great for larger families. It has a digital display and various cooking preset functions, which make cooking easier. It also comes with a rotating basket to cook your chips and make them crispy all around. Like all of these, it does come with a rotisserie spit too for your rotisserie chicken. To me, this is the best rotisserie air fryer on the market and I love ours!
- Daewoo Digital Air Fryer Oven: This air fryer is another great option with a rotisserie feature and it offers a large capacity, which is good for a large family and provides even and quick cooking. It also includes several additional accessories for versatile cooking. It is one of the cheaper ones on the market at £109.99.
- Laptronix Digital Air Fryer: This is up there in the group of larger air fryers with not only rotisserie features but also dehydration, grilling and roasting features. With lots of easy-to-use digital controls, the touch screen makes it easy to get your food cooked in no time. This is not a brand widely recognised in the UK but the reviews are good on this one.
- Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer+ Rotisserie: With a spacious interior and a dedicated rotisserie function, this air fryer is well-suited for roasting meats to perfection. It has easy-to-use digital controls and is a budget-friendly option. It is one of the smaller options on the list so this is worth considering depending on the size of your family. However, it can take 2 personal size pizzas and does come with two airflow racks as well as the rotisserie spit. Its control panel gives ease of use when setting the various cooking functions off.
It is important to remember all factors such as capacity, features, temperature control, and customer reviews when choosing the best air fryer with a rotisserie function for your needs. After all, what may work in one home, might not be suitable for you. Don’t forget to also check the size of the air fryer before purchasing as you may find that it is too large for your worktop which may limit your storage space.
If you are like I was and are in two minds as to whether you need or want an air fryer, after all, kitchen gadgets come and go, here are my top 5 tips to consider before you make a purchase.
What is an air fryer with rotisserie?
If you are considering getting an air fryer, then you know that it used hot air to cook food, allowing you to enjoy your favourite fried foods, without the oil. They can come with lots of other features too such as rotisserie attachments for cooking chicken, beef joints and other meats. You can also get air fryers that offer you the chance to dehydrate food, grill food and bake too.
A rotisserie attachment is added to the air fryer and it slowly rotates the food allowing the hot air to circulate around it, cooking it to perfection.
So before you jump in and make the purchase, we have rounded up some of the best air fryers with a rotisserie, plus some other great information that will come in handy to help you make an informed decision before you make your purchase.
5 Reasons to consider buying an air fryer
Whether you should get an air fryer depends on your personal preferences and cooking habits. If you are someone that eats things such as a lot of pasta/rice etc, it may not be used as much as you would like. If however, you are a fan of baked/fried food, this could be the perfect kitchen appliance for you.
Consider the factors below to help you make an informed decision:
- Dietary Preferences: If you are looking to reduce your oil intake or follow a healthier eating plan, an air fryer can be a good addition to your kitchen. It allows you to enjoy crispy, fried-like foods with less oil or even without any oil. I hate it when chips come out of the oven soggy, so this is the perfect alternative to the option beat this.
- Cooking Habits: Assess your cooking habits and the types of dishes you frequently prepare. If you often cook foods that are traditionally deep-fried or roasted, an air fryer can be a practical and healthier alternative to achieve similar results. It can also serve as a convenient tool for reheating leftovers. There are plenty of recipes on the internet that use an air fryer, most of which are things that you might not have even considered before.
- Kitchen Space: Consider your available kitchen space. Air fryers come in various sizes, so choose one that fits well in your kitchen without causing clutter.
- Budget: Evaluate your budget range. Air fryers are available at different price points, and the cost can vary based on brand, size, and features. Set a budget that aligns with your needs and preferences. This is going to be an investment, however, only make it one that you can afford.
- Versatility: Think about whether you would make use of the air fryer’s additional functionalities. If you are interested in grilling, baking, or roasting, an air fryer that offers these capabilities might be worth considering.
- Convenience and Time-saving: Assess if the convenience and time savings offered by an air fryer align with your lifestyle. If you frequently have busy schedules or prefer quick cooking methods, an air fryer’s speed and easy operation can be beneficial. All air fryers are known to cut the cooking time and it just means a little more time to relax rather than standing cooking!
Ultimately, an air fryer can be a worthwhile investment for individuals seeking a healthier cooking option, versatility in their cooking methods, and time-saving benefits. Consider how much usage
you are going to need it for. If you are only going to use it once in a while, it is a hefty investment to gather dust.
What accessories should I look for in an air fryer rotisserie oven?
This will be completely dependent on what your plans are for your air fryer.
If like me you are a fan of crunchy french fries, I would recommend getting one with a mesh basket/air fryer basket that rotates the fries as they are cooking. It can also be used for cooking things such as chicken nuggets and sausages too.
For those of you who are looking to cook joints of meat or whole chickens, you are going to want to ensure you have a rotisserie spit in the oven. This is also a great feature if you want to make homemade kebabs too. Some do come with the option of a rotisserie basket too, which again is great for cooking meat.
If you have a large family, you ideally want it to come with a couple of racks or air flow racks, this allows space for you to cook the meals without things being stacked on top of each other.
Health benefits of using an air fryer
As briefly mentioned above, air fryers bring so much to the kitchen in such a compact machine. However, they also offer so much more when it comes to health benefits too, with many people switching to using an air fryer over their oven on a more regular basis.
Air fryers are highly regarded for several reasons:
- Healthier Cooking Option: Air fryers employ a unique cooking method that uses circulating hot air to cook food, requiring little to no oil. This allows you to enjoy crispy and delicious foods with significantly reduced fat content compared to traditional deep frying methods. Many air fryers advise you not to use any oil at all, so it really can not get much more healthier.
- Versatile Cooking: Air fryers are versatile appliances that can handle various cooking tasks. Apart from frying, they can also grill, roast, bake, and even reheat food. This versatility makes them suitable for a wide range of dishes, including chicken wings, vegetables, seafood, French fries, and desserts. You just need to ensure the one you purchase has enough space inside to be able to cook for your entire family.
- Time-Saving: Air fryers typically cook food faster than traditional ovens. The rapid circulation of hot air enables quicker cooking times, reducing overall cooking duration. This feature is particularly useful for busy individuals or families who want to prepare meals quickly.
- Convenient and Easy to Use: Air fryers are designed to be user-friendly, featuring easy-to-use controls and pre-set cooking functions. They eliminate the need for extensive preheating and constant monitoring of the cooking process. Most models also have dishwasher-safe parts, making cleanup a breeze.
- Energy Efficient: Air fryers require less energy compared to conventional ovens or deep fryers. The compact size and focused heating elements ensure faster and more efficient cooking, helping to reduce energy consumption. With many of us aware of the rising fuel costs, lots have switched to using an air fryer more frequently.
- Safer Alternative: Unlike traditional deep frying, air fryers eliminate the risk of hot oil splattering and burns. The enclosed cooking chamber and the absence of large amounts of boiling oil make them a safer option for cooking. I have never been a fan of using hot oil, so to me, this is the perfect compromise.
Overall, air fryers offer a healthier cooking alternative, versatility, time-saving benefits, convenience, energy efficiency, and improved safety compared to other cooking methods. It may take up some counter space, however, this is offset by the variety of cooking options that come with air fryers these days. Many people are in fact using their air fryer more than their cooker and use the hob top to store their air fryer!
I would highly recommend if you are purchasing an air fryer that you look for one with at least a rotisserie function to allow you to cook roast joints in there with ease, even if it is only used once a week or so, it just allows you the option there should you need it. This will be a great addition to any family kitchen or even for someone who is living on their own and there is a great range of smaller air fryers too.