The end of the year is fast approaching and what better way to get ready then baking a Chocolate Twist Christmas Tree?! Simple, elegant, yummy and will likely be eaten quicker than it took you to make it. Definitely a recipe that children of all ages can get involved with.
Chocolate Twist Christmas Tree.
- 1 pack of ready rolled Puff Pastry
- 2 tbs Chocolate Spread
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6 (180c).
- Roll the puff pastry out onto baking paper and cut into 2 even sheets.
- Soften the chocolate spread for 10 seconds in a Microwave.
- Cut one sheet into a Christmas tree shape and top with chocolate spread using the back of a spoon.
- Cover with the second sheet of puff pastry and trim to the same Christmas tree shape.
- Leave a small triangle at the top of the tree, then cut lines 1cm apart along both edges of the tree. These will be the branches so be careful not to cut all the way to the middle (where the trunk would be).
- Twist each branch away from you and pinch the end into the baking paper.
- Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool, sprinkle with icing sugar, serve and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? You can find more easy to follow recipes on our Pinterest account found here.
Please follow and like us: